What is Express Entry Canada?
Express Entry is the fastest and most popular method for foreigners to immigrate to Canada.
It is an electronic system that manages and processes applications received through three of Canada’s federal economic immigration programs for skilled workers.
An interested candidate is required to submit an online profile, and the federal government then determines if the candidate is eligible or qualified for the program managed by Express Entry.
The qualified candidates are accepted into the pool and are ranked according to the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS). The CRS score is based on a candidate’s age, work experience, education, and language skills among other factors.
Approximately every two weeks, the highest-scoring candidates are selected by the Canadian government from the Express Entry pool to be provided with an Invitation to Apply (ITA) for permanent residence.
|Canadian Universities With High Acceptance Rate||APPLY NOW|
|Tuition-Free Universities in Canada||APPLY NOW|
|Canada Study Visa||APPLY NOW|
|Canada Work Visa||APPLY NOW|
|Canada Holiday Visa||APPLY NOW|
|Move to Canada With Family||APPLY NOW|
|Canada Express Entry||APPLY NOW|
|Fastest Way to Move to Canada||APPLY NOW|
How does Express Entry Works?
1. Eligible Candidates Fill out an Online Express Entry:
Eligible candidates for the Express Entry Canada program would be required to complete an online profile which will include details about themselves such as their education, skills, language ability, and previous work experience among others.
Candidates who meet the required standards of one or more of the federal economic immigration programs under Express Entry will be selected into a pool of eligible candidates. These candidates would be automatically given a score based on their profile and will be ranked against other eligible candidates in the pool to determine the best.
The ranking score for the Express Entry is based on the Comprehensive System (CRS) and is out of 1, 200 points.
The highest-ranking candidates and those who have a qualifying job offer from a Canadian employer or provincial/ territory nominations will receive a formal invitation to apply for permanent residency.
2. Successful Candidates will be invited by the Government and Permanent Residency will be Processed:
The highest-ranking successful candidates in the pool will be invited to apply for permanent residency through an ITA (Invitation to Apply).
Next, they would be given a total of 60 days to their electronic application. This electronic application would be submitted through one of the below programs; Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP), Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP), Canadian Experience Class (CEC), Provincial Nominee Program (PNP). Most applications submitted would be pushed through quickly by CIC, with many expected to be completed within six months.
Who is Eligible for Express Entry?
The criteria that make one eligible for the Express Entry varies according to the program you wish to apply for. However, all programs would require you to be legally admissible to Canada and be intending to reside in a province other than Quebec.
Below is an overview of the requirements for each of the three economic programs;
1. Federal Skilled Workers Program;
The Federal Skilled Workers Program is Canada’s primary economic immigration pathway.
One must first meet the minimum requirements in work experience, language proficiency, and education when intending to apply for the Federal Skilled Workers Programs.
· Candidates must have at least one year of continuous full-time or equivalent part-time paid work in the same job within the last 10 years and the job must be of skill type 0 or skill levels A or B of the 2011 National Occupational Classification (NOC) skill level 0, A or B.
· The language requirements include proof of Canadian Language Benchmark 7 in the form of a CIC-approved language test results from within the last two years.
· Candidates should have a Canadian secondary (high school) or post-secondary certificate or a completed foreign credential and an assessment of that credential from a CIC-approved agency that reveals that the completed education is equivalent to a Canadian credential.
Aside from this, other requirements that will be considered include;
· job offer from a Canadian Employer
· The applicant’s perceived ability to adapt in Canada
· Candidates must also be able to demonstrate that he or she has the financial strength to support themselves and their family unless they have already legally worked in or have a qualified job offer from an employer in Canada
2. Federal Skilled Trades Program:
This program is available for candidates wishing to become permanent residents based on experience in a skilled trade.
· Candidates must possess a minimum of 2 years of full-time work experience in a skilled trade within the 5-year period of submitting an application.
· Candidates must also show that they have experience performing the duties for an eligible skilled trade outlined by the National Occupation Classification (NOC) in Major Group 72, 72, 82, or 92, or Minor Group 632 or 633.
· Candidates must meet the minimum language proficiency criteria; this can be lower than those for the skilled worker’s program
· Candidates must also possess either an offer of full-time employment for a full year minimum or be certified in their skilled trade by a Canadian provincial or territorial authority. It is important you find out about the program and how it works in the province/ territory you wish to live in Canada. This is because different provinces have their skilled trade requirements and assessment of such trades.
3. Canada Experience Class:
The CEC is available to international students and foreign workers who have Canadian experience. This program provides them with the opportunity of securing a permanent residence.
· Candidates must have at least one year of skilled, professional, or technical work experience in Canada within 3 years of the application date
· Candidates must meet language proficiency criteria.
How long does it take for Express Entry Immigration to Canada?
Express Entry is indeed the fastest pathway to immigrate to Canada. It can take six months or less to process from submission of profile to the final issuance of a permanent resident visa.
How much do I Need for Express Entry?
Express Entry Fees
Information is an overview of Express Entry Fees effective April 30, 2020 ($CAN)
|$1,325||Your Application: Processing fee and Right of Permanent Resident Fee|
|$825||Your Application (without Right of Permanent Resident Fee|
|$1,325||Include your spouse or partner: Processing fee and Right of Permanent Residence fee|
|$825||Include your spouse or partner (without Right of Permanent Residence fee|
|$225 per child||Include a dependent child|
|$500||Right of Permanent Residence fee (may be paid at a later date)|
Proof of Funds
You would need to present a proof of fund in your Express Entry profile. Your proof of fund demonstrates your financial competency to support yourself and any family member who would immigrate to Canada with you.
Overview of Funds required (in $CAN) per family members;
|Number of family members||Number of family members|
|For Each Additional Family Members||$3, 492|